LevelS?

Alexandra137
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

LevelS?

WHAT DO LEVELS MEAN? I HAVE BEEN A HOST FOR YEARS, YET IT SAYS I AM LEVEL 1. ANOTHER PERSON I NOTICE IS LEVERL 10. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

7 Replies 7
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Alexandra137 the levels have nothing to do with how long you have been a host but are just a measure of activity here in the Community Centre.

Doreen16
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

I find the community structure a bit confusing. Maybe that's because I have just joined in?

Doreen
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

The levels refer to how active one is on this site, and are completely unrelated to your hosting ratings, frequency, or years.  As you post more, and receive comments/thumbs-ups, your level rises.  Has no impact whatsoever on where your listing shows up in searches.

Does it affect my listing in anyway? for example, can someone who shows interets in booking with me see the level and maybe use it to decide whether to book or not?

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Spring1

Not really, I do not think so.  But googling your name after booking, they may find your posts.

ok, How do I contact AirBNB then? The only place I found when I had tried to contact someone to ask something, is this community center.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Spring1

Oh - that should be easy enough

1. Find the help tab under the discuss section above. 

2. Use the help section on the site (scroll down till you find the "contact us" button)

3. Google contacting airbnb + your country.