Listing Not Showing Up At All In Search

Marissa86
Level 1
Saint Petersburg, FL

Listing Not Showing Up At All In Search

Hello, 

I haven't had any guests stay yet via airbrb. For a while, I had a long term tenant placed outside of the site. Now I am trying to get back into the airbnb site and find that my listing is not getting any activity and not even coming up in a search. 

Can anyone shed any light as to why this is happening and what I can do to fix or improve my search results? 

~Marissa

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marissa86 

Your listing is in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s?host_id=49216039

Maybe zoom in more on the map when searching.

To improve ranking in search results read @Ben's recent posting:

Added:

Link to Ben 's posting:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Do-you-use-direct-marketing-for-your-Airbnb/m-p/966091#M...

Best regards,

Emiel

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Marissa86 If your calendar was blocked for a long time, your place will drop in the search.  Now that you've opened it up, it should start to rise.  Other things I do to get more visibility is turn Smart Pricing on (with a high minimum, not their suggested minimum!) and accept Instant Book.  You can always turn these things off, but they do help push things along.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Marissa86 PS:  I've saved your adorable listing!  I'm an Eckerd grad, and seriously anyone who has a photo of Woody's in their listing should be at the top of the heap.  🙂

THANK YOU !!!! 🙂

Sammy35
Level 10
Pittsburgh, PA

be as competitive as possible.  price price price.  at least for now.   superhosts with gazillions of listings will generally top the list.  nature of the beast.  they are heavy revenue drivers for a private co that's getting ready to go public i hear.  shareholders means rev and profit.  that's what airbnb is about now.

do you have any friends that want to come visit that you can have book your place for dirt cheap and then you can take them to dinner ;-).  write up lovely reviews?  temp lower your price (but too low might not make it into budget search min).  early booking and last minute discount functionality now.   flex mod strict cancel policy?

you have to drive traffic to your page for views.  bookings get bookings.  more traffic more rank.  its like google searches but not.  the algorhyths  are fort knox secrets.  instant book is what will get the biggest buck bang one many of us don't want the risk

note that i've HEARD that updating the listing deets can delay its view in search results.  if you are high traffic area hotspot it should pick up.

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it