Listing Suburb

Danielle113
Level 2
Geelong, Australia

Listing Suburb

Hi Folks,

I am new to Airbnb hosting and have listed my home. It appears however that my listing only shows up when my exact suburb is typed in, however I was wanting it to appear when even a part of the suburb was searched for.

For example my homes location is listed as South Geelong, which is literally in the main city of Geelong but will not show up when just Geelong is searched for.

Any suggestions on how to alter this, as most people searching for our location will actually type Geelong not South Geelong.

5 Replies 5
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I just did a search for Geelong, private room, and there you are. No problem!

Aww thank you. For some reason i couldn't get it to show for me. Thank you for clarifying for me. 🙂

Carla176
Level 2
Bilgola Plateau, Australia

HI Sandra

I'm having a similar problem where my suburb of Bilgola Plateau is very very close to both the Newport and the Avalon communities.  Is is much more common for people to know the names of these communities as they are beach side suburbs.  I have searched for Newport properties and viewed at least one listing with the address of Bilgola Plateau, however my listing did not appear.  I don't know if there is something I can change in my listing or if each individual address is assessed on the website.  

Would appreciate any suggestions.  I seem to mostly get last minute bookings and wonder if this is part of the reason.

Fionna0
Level 2
Geelong, Australia

I had the same problem Danielle as I live in Thomson and no one not even Geelong people seem to know about Thomson! I changed to Geelong and put Thomson after. Fionna

Hi Fiona just wondering how you edited your address to change suburb listing. I have gone into edits but cant seem to see where to do this. Thanks Beth