Listing for either the double room or the single

Paul1811
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Listing for either the double room or the single

Hello,

I am wondering how to use the same hosting calendar for the option of a double or a single room. As I would always be in the other, I thought this would be the best way to avoid overlaps/clashes.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul 

6 Replies 6
Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Paul1811  

I don't know how to do that. 

Are you thinking to have different prices for each room?

If it was me I would list the double room with a price for two people. That way one of two people could book it. When it's not booked you could stay there but mainly would be based out of the smaller room. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Paul1811You need to make it very clear in the listing discription when 1 person books the single room is offered, by 2 persons the double room is offered (and not both !). By adding a fee for the second guest you can setup a the difference in price for each room. The listing then should say 2 persons maximum. It is not an optimal situation and some guests never read (or understand) whatever you describe.

Maybe use the single room allways for yourself and only rent out the double ?

Best regards,

Emiel

Paul1811
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks Emiel

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Paul1811You can create two listings one for single and the other for double. Then you can link the calendar of double room listing to the single room listing.

When one listing is booked for a range of dates, the same date range will be blocked in the calendar for the other listing.

Paul1811
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Perfect answer Mike. Lets see if I can manage that.

Thanks

Paul

@Paul1811Use the steps in the following link to create linked listings. Good luck

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings