Listing has been temporarily paused

Alain3
Level 3
Choisel, France

Listing has been temporarily paused

I have a message "Your listing has been temporarily paused. Because your overall star rating is less than 4 stars, your listing has been temporarily paused and removed from search results. You can reactivate and come back to hosting after learning more about Airbnb ratings and hosting standards". Underneath it is a button called "Reactivate". It took me to a page offering 6 tutorials. I watched them all. My listing is still deactivated.

It's not the first time this site severely annoys me. They bring me about one person per month, so I make 20 euros per month out of this and it's not worth the trouble. I tried to delete my account, following online instructions, and it didn't function! Ha. So they want to keep their hosts? I set the calendar to "unavailable" for a whole month, hopping they would get the message. Obviously, they didn't.

Now I'll set it to "unavailable" for a year. See how they like it.

I won't be slave to a web site! Who do they think they are?

17 Replies 17

How to unpause the listing

I got an email from AirBnB telling me I they will pause mine if I keep declining inquirers. I declined 3 in a row yes but 1) they had pets we are no pets, they inquired about section 8 housing which we don’t do neither does Airbnb, and third when verifying saw info on their Facebook page of drug use. So why did Airbbnb do that? They say we have the power to accept or decline?  Is there a loo hole or method to avoid their big brother mentality?

@Filomena57  Airbnb doesn't tell you this, but there is no need to ever decline an Inquiry. An Inquiry message only needs to be answered by messaging back the guest within 24 hours. You don't need to click on Pre-approve or Decline. So never waste a decline on an Inquiry, just let the inquirer know why it isn't possible. 

You will get pesky messages urging you to pre-approve (because Airbnb wants you to accept every guest, no matter how rude or sketchy), but you can safely ignore those, and if you clear your cache, they should disappear.

Of course, a Booking Request is different, you do have to either Accept or Decline within 24 hours, but if the request is inappropriate, messaging the guest before that time is up, saying why you can't accept and urging them to withdraw the request so they don't get charged, can sometimes work and save you from having to decline.