Listing translation (add language) broken?

Elliott43
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

Listing translation (add language) broken?

Hi folks, I'm new here! My wife added our listing in Spanish and I'm trying to translate it into English.

Under 'Edit title & description', I click 'Add language' and then choose English. The validation immediately complains, showing 'Please fill out all listing details to save your updates' up top, highlighting the English slots for title and description in red and affixing error captions. The problem is that it seems to DISABLE those two inputs as well! Clicking into them shows a blinking cursor, but no amount of typing makes any text show up. The same thing happens on my wife's Windows PC in a different browser with the UI language set to Spanish.

Is there a trick to it? Is anyone else seeing the same problem? I sent a bug report with the 'Give feedback' link but they say they don't respond individually to feedback.

16 Replies 16

thanks for checking it. support tried to tell me that it's fine, so good to know!

Lisa5013
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

FYI if any of you are trying to use the add language for spanish - select the plain "espanol" as the language. the "espanol (latinoamerica) seems to pull from the english fields, but the plain "espanol" worked!