Long term expectations

Long term expectations

On stays longer than the weekend, what are the host required to provide as far as fresh towels, sheets ECT..

2 Replies 2
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

It depends, every host does it diferently... I asked that question when I started, got a lot of different answers. There was this one guy that said he left guests staying over 10 days two sets of everything, like a linen on the bed and another on the wardrobe for change. I thought that was the best answer, and thought about doing it like that, but ended up changing my mind.

I leave everything set for the guest, but if they want new linen, towels, etc they can request and I will bring it to them. I charge an extra fee for it. I have the prices on the welcome manual. I don't charge much, just the cost of cleaning things (same as the local drycleaners charge).

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@David6152  Stays longer than a weekend aren't considered "long term". Long -term usually refers to a month or more.

Most of my guests stay a week or two (2 weeks is my maximum I accept). My guests get 2 bath towels, a hand towel and a washcloth, and clean bedding, of course. I offer fresh towels and sheets after a week if they are staying for about 2 weeks, if they are staying 10 days, I'd offer that halfway through their stay, at 5 days.

Many say they don't need clean stuff- especially the sheets, but most usually accept clean towels.

I don't charge any extra fee for this- I just charge enough nightly fee to cover this. I don't think it's a great idea to charge for clean linens- I think it's something guests should rightfully expect when they book an accommodation, but some hosts do it differently.