Making a claim before item is fixed

Answered!
John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

Making a claim before item is fixed

Hi everyone! I had guests in my space and they broke the damper on the wood stove. My cleaning people have sent me a picture but I have not had time in the past day to attend to it myself or obviously get anyone out to fix it so have no receipts or even an estimate to fix it.

How can I proceed with this? The guest had messaged me and told me that it was broken, trying to make it appear as if it was broken when they arrived. Can I/should I ask him for money now? I do have a picture to send him.

1 Best Answer
John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

Update: Amazingly, after sending the request with the photo evidence he agreed to pay what I was asking, so it's wrapped up! 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

IF it is possible I would have actual repair documentation in hand before filing (there are tales of hosts not being able to add docs later). But as I think you know, the moment a new guest arrival date hits the window slams shut for ever filing. 

Thank you Kelly. New guests check in Friday and there is simply no time to fix it beforehand. I have notified them to explain and if they need to cancel I understand.

I have just sent the request with links to estimates and a photo. I don't really expect to hear back from him from the previous conversation where he was trying to claim it was already broken beforehand. 

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

Update: Amazingly, after sending the request with the photo evidence he agreed to pay what I was asking, so it's wrapped up! 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @John1080,

Thanks for the update on this.

I'm glad to hear that everything has been sorted for you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen