Mandatory Evacuation_ Dorien

William633
Level 2
Andrews, SC

Mandatory Evacuation_ Dorien

How does Airbnb handle when a mandatory evacuation is ordered and your property fall in that order? I have guest in my condo and have asked them to leave a day early since the evacuation order goes into effect today at noon? I have offered a refund for tonight's stay. My guests are reluctant to leave a day early. I have kept them updated since Saturday about the storm. 

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@William633 

it's extenuating circumstance so your guests would be refunded for the rest of their stay if they contact Airbnb, explain the situation and ask Airbnb to cancel the rest of their stay.

Or to keep it simple, you can send them an alteration request (change or cancel the reservation) and shorten their stay. They have to accept it. (or they can send the request to you and you have to accept) The difference in the price you can refund them through the resolution center (send and receive money) They also have to accept it.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@William633  I would contact airbnb to get it all on record that your area is part of a mandatory evacuation zone, and then have them do the extenuating circumstances cancellation w/no penalty, full refund of their fees, etc. and they can then help w/rehousing the guest if they need it.