Medications in Guest Area

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Medications in Guest Area

Hi everyone, I brought this topic up briefly in another area, but I would love input on what hosts believe is appropriate for the guest space. Should one leave aspirin, medicine for upset stomach, ointments for burns, etc.? How do you think this should be handled?

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kate157

I would say no...unless perhaps you are in an area that has lots of mosquitos, then perhaps some repellant or ointment might be useful. But leaving medication like asprin, parcetamol, etc is taking a bit of a risk - if for example there are children or if someone takes something by mistake. A first aid kit might be more appropriate - which you can buy in a pharmacy

Melanie-and-Binnie0
Level 2
Dorchester, United Kingdom

Hi Hosts

Do you think it's a necessity to provide a first aid kit in the property?  If so should I add antiseptic creams etc etc or just sticking plasters and bandages for emergencies?  Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Hello @Melanie-and-Binnie0,

I think it's a good idea to provide one. It's proven useful many times and guests have mentioned it positively in reviews.

I got one in a trekking/outdoors shop. It has bandages and a small tube of antiseptic cream.

Like @Gerry-And-Rashid0 say, no tablets. If you host families with children I'd also check the kit and remove any sharp objects, like scissors, that it may contain. Remember to replace items when they reach their best by date.

It seems to be used often. One occasion was when a guest got a paper cut from a city map that I have in the room.

Steve.