Mishap near my home for which electricity will be off for 2 days , help with refund

Sheila93
Level 1
Kolkata, India

Mishap near my home for which electricity will be off for 2 days , help with refund

Hi, Im Sheila. This morning a mishap occured near my home. Two people from the Electricity Department died when they tried to repair a transformer. So electric connections have been cut off for 2 days in the entire area. I had to inform my guests about this. They had a 1 night stay from 8th to 9th april. I am unable to cancel their booking since the check in day was tomorrow . How can I ensure that the guest gets back their reservation amount that they paid yesterday? 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Sheila93

Give Airbnb a call now and let them know you have to cancel your booking because of extenuating circumstances. They can then organise a refund  for your guest and help them find somewhere to stay.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1320/what-is-airbnb-s-extenuating-circumstances-policy?checkin...

By the way it's alway easier if you want a response to a question to start your own thread, rather than tag your question to someone else's on a completely different topic.