My Listing is not visible

Answered!
Lydia80
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

My Listing is not visible

Hi everyone. Every time I check my listing it doesn't show up on the search results and none of my friends and family can see it either! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Lydia80,

I searched for private room accommodation in Nairobi for the 13th to the 14th of August and your listing showed up.

Some things to keep in mind when searching are in the article below by Jeet.

Why can't I see my listing in the Search Results?

Steve.

Screenshot.png

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25

@ChuckandCarole0 this is why we ask you what exactly how you are searching. (The search parameters.)

The most common reasons prices vary are

1. Searching with different # of guests specified
  2. Searching with no dates specified
  3. Searching with varying trip length (cleaning fees are spead over the # of total days, so the price will vary depending on length of stay)
  4. Searching for weeknights vs weekend
  5. Searching for high vs low season

Without knowing which of these things are changing, there is no way to explain the list of prices you are seeing.

However, if a person says:

I searched for 2 guests on May 15-17 and got a price of $xx.

Then I searched for 2 guests on June 18-24 and got a price of $yy.

With that kind of information, we could possibly explain the different prices.

Without it, it would be all useless guesswork.

That's why we ask for what parameters you are using... so we can provide useful answers.

Without knowing your search parameters, all we can say is: "I don't know why."

Hello again Matthew...i am not asking why....i know why.....

there is a glitch in the system that needs to be fixed....i have been hosting for 7 years....i know my way around the site.

1) prices are coming up wrong

2)listings are not showing up when they should

we keep going in circles, if i say i am doing a search for 2 guests, entire place, June 11-15, 1 bed, 1 bath......i can see my listing( if it shows up at all in the only 44 lisitngs available in portland at that time!!!with thousands of hosts sitting on their thumbs). but at the wrong price.....and the next computer i go to, or another host does it,   the same search, has a different incorrect result....customer service says, oh i see it at the correct price.....doesn't matter, it's crazy making....and other hosts are experiencing it as well. 

what i am asking is:

how do i get this to the correct tech department that can fix it.....not the crazy making with customer support. i would appreciate that info if anyone has it please.

@ChuckandCarole0 so when I search for those dates with that number of guests, the search list displays your listing at $93/night.

When you click on the listing, this price is detailed to be $82/night plus service fees of $43, which cause the total price to be $93/night.

What is the correct price, and what erroneous prices are you seeing?

(Also, if you use the '@' to tag me, the system will let me know you have responded. Otherwise, I do not know you wrote a reply unless I happen to re-visit this thread.) (I would be able to reply faster with the tag.)

@Matthew285...thanks so much for letting me know airbnb is now adding the service fees into the price!!!....that's extremely helpful....it doesn't explain why the day before with the same filters, it came up with $110....but that could be my mistake somehow....have to do some more research on that!

I have finally spoken with a customer service rep that let me know listings not showing up in a search when they fit the criteria, is an issue they are dealing with in different areas, and did not know it affected Portland. 

Also, the fact that some listings are coming up on duplicate pages when  other listings are not coming up at all, is yet another glitch...

i appreciate your help Matthew ...thank you for persevering and getting me one possible answer. it really helps.

Sorry @Matthew0, gotta ask, so now the service fees are added into the price to come up as the initial price the guest sees when they have entered specific dates into a search? it seems that's what you are saying, which is a new development....it has always been that once a guest books, then they see the service fees etc. in a total.

thank you again!

@ChuckandCarole0 that is actually news to me also.

Like you, I always remember that the service fees were added later. Maybe this is a new experiment on the part of Airbnb?

It does help reduce the surprise guests used to get when the total changed because of the service fees.

Do you think this might be the cause of some of the varying pricing?

Maybe the experiemental totals with the built-in service fees are not displayed to everyone. Maybe it is a test that is being shown to just some people. Airbnb has been known to use multiple versions of the site, testing one version with some people and another version with other people.

I do again wonder that Matthew, as i use multiple devices to do the seaches. 

ChuckandCarole0
Level 7
Springfield, OR

@Matthew285 Gee Matthew, it seemed like it might explain part of the issue, but i just got a res request(at least i came up in someone's search) and i can see a different nightly price than i have established and i also see airbnb sevice fees added separately....so that kind of seems to blow that theory....

ChuckandCarole0
Level 7
Springfield, OR

Now i am wondering: with the new addition of the collections, "Family" and/or "Work"

if our listing is designated in one, or both, of those, and the searcher does not hit one of those options, are our listings still going to appear to that person that is seaching?

Tony371
Level 2
Blakeney, United Kingdom

When i search for my properties, Forest of Dean, with a hot tub, i get 30 results but I’m not there!

Natalija20
Level 1
Kobarid, SI

Dear all, after reading all your posts, I still don't get it! My listings are totally invisible or I am listed the last on the page (7th page) even if I am a superhost or being longer  time listed at Airbnb than others in the area. Or listings 20km away are listed before me in the search of listings in my town? So, any help? My listing is also "not pined-marked" on the map or the other is marked wrong!?