My Minneapolis Super Bowl booking was cancelled for no reason

Joe290
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

My Minneapolis Super Bowl booking was cancelled for no reason

I had a nice conversation with my host immediately after booking her apartment last week.

She abruptly cancelled my paid in full reservation only 6 days before my arrival.

She never provided an explanation and this puts my family in an extreme bind due to the high demand for rooms.

I am now forced to pay 3 to 4 times the price and drive alot further.

How can I resolve this issue?

How can I seek retribution from the host?

Can I put a negative review on their site?

Please help??

Joe

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Joe290

That is a most unfortunate situation, but there is not much hosts on the forum can do for you other than advise you to report the host to airbnb.  Reason or not for the cancellation does not make the situation any better, you are still without your chosen accomodation.  

IF you found accomodation way below the average at such short notice, it is well possible that the host had forgotten to update the prices for the event.

How does the host's listing look at the moment - are the dates still free ?

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Retribution is not a word we like to see in a Community such as AirBnB.

Can not comment about the cancellation itslef as we do not know why, sometimes things happen.

I would contact AirBnB and seek their help in finding alternative accomodation, often they will help with a contribution for inconvenience.

Somebody charging a quarter of the going rate would have made me wonder.

David
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

51F5D61D-8303-47BB-A82C-C1CABFF576E9.jpeg

@Joe290I read that the city is cracking down big time on bootleg listings before the StupidBowl.

They are requiring permits and inspections, so many ‘host’ Just bowed out. Maybe it’s better you got a cancellation and not scammed. 

You will never get your ‘pound of flesh’.

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Call Airbnb. From what I have heard, the rowner book and compensate the difference. Good luck!

Tiana8
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that your host canceled so last minute. We're you able to find another listing available? 

Barb44
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

If you are in need of a place we have rooms available. Please see my listings. Hope you have a pleasant stay!