My current guests should have left today, but claim they reserved until tomorrow

Mariana282
Level 1
Herzliyya, Israel

My current guests should have left today, but claim they reserved until tomorrow

It’s late already, and I don’t want to bother them, but there reservation says 9-12 and I even got the review request already, yet they claim their reservation is till tomorrow morning

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Keep messages in the message box for proof, you may also request money, @Mariana282. Get Airbnb involved, or call the police (it's not covered by any contract now and they are intruders).

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

9-12 means that they arrive on the 9th, sleep there the 9th, 10th. and 11th, and vacate on the morning of the 12th. It is a 3 night reservation. Luckily you did not bother them and they don't know about your confusion. I just had a woman ask for a refund since she did not want to stay on the last day of her booking. What she didn't understand is that she never paid for the last date, since that is when she leaves and guests are only charged for the nights when they sleep at the property.

@Donna240What? Today is the 12th, and it's past today in Israel. @Mariana282 do contact Airbnb. Definitely if you got the review request their reserved stay was over. You are entitled to another night's payment at the least.

Sorry, I'm half asleep and misread the calendar. If Airbnb has their credit card on account they should be able to make the additional charge, but they may just leave you hanging since you tacitly agreed to let them stay by not wanting to bother them. If they are still there you might show them the reservation listing the number of days that are paid. Asking for the payment is not unreasonable, especially if Airbnb cannot help you by charging their credit card. Please post what happens, as any of us could learn from your situation. Good luck.