My guest and I are trying to cancel a booking without repercussions! Help!

Laurel10
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

My guest and I are trying to cancel a booking without repercussions! Help!

One of my first guests messaged me to book my room, but Instant Book was turned on, unbeknownst to me, and someone else scheduled my place for the same week- before I knew that it was possible but after I told her she could stay with me. She and the other guest are wonderful and since they're in town for the same conference, we've decided to all stay in the house together. But in trying to book guest 1 at the same time as guest 2, we decided to have guest 1 book the day before she arrives and then we would try to keep adding days as she stayed....but we quickly realized that is not ideal. So I created a new listing and she booked under that one. So NOW, all is well, except the one day booking experiment. Which we both want to cancel. But don't know how to without one of us recieving a fee or a bad review. How do we make this right? (Hopefully this isn't too confusing..)

2 Replies 2

Your first mistake was to not monitor Instant Booking. Beyond this, layering the situation with a second listing seems a bit laborious rather than simply taking he hit on fees and cancelling. But in the end it does seem you have things under control. You might even be having a better time as it's the same Conference. Party! 🙂

Creating listings to avoid penalties will get you kicked off the site