My guest has left a review but I haven't. Will his review still be posted

Christopher685
Level 2
Englewood, OH

My guest has left a review but I haven't. Will his review still be posted

I just wanted to reach out because I had one guest have some conflict with another guest of mine in the home which prompted him to leave about a week early before his actual checkout date. It got to the point where my guest and I didn't feel safe.  Now he has left a review for me which I already know is probably negative but most of it doesn't deal with me on my end. Now if I don't leave a review, will his review still be posted? I can leave a review for him but it will lay down every bad experience with him as a guest.

10 Replies 10
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Christopher685  Yes, his review will show up 14 days after checkout. It does not matter whether you leave a review or not.

Please do leave your honest review with your bad experience. It helps other hosts when the guest books again. You may write the review on the 14th day if you think that his review may be negative and affect your booking.

If you find his review has false and misleading information, you can always ask Airbnb to remove it even though the successful rate is very low. But this will help Airbnb to realize that their bad decision in allowing retaliatory review takes a lot of their resource.

Mary1716
Level 1
Harmony, PA

If you don't leave a review for your guest, the guest can still leave a review for you and it will be published. Also on the flip side of that if the guest does not leave you a review it will make your overall rating drop. Because it gets averaged and it can show ultimately as a negative review.

@Mary1716, if a guest does not leave a review nothing happens to your overall rating. It remains the same as if the guest never stayed. 

I was tagged in this post, I believe by mistake. That is not what I said at all.   In fact, if the guest does not leave a review,  it pulls your percentage rate down, because it is averaged in.

@Mary1716 :  it pulls your percentage of reviews left,  which must be > 50% for Superhost status,  down;   otherwise AFAIK it has no effect.

@Kenneth12 percentage of review left is not a superhost criteria anymore, thank goodness.  

"If the guest does not leave a review" it does not pull your percentage rate down.

@Emilia42 :  just looked at this quarter's eval criteria-- my goodness,  they are finally gone.  That's great.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christopher685 " I can leave a review for him but it will lay down every bad experience with him as a guest."

As it should. If you don't leave honest reviews for guests, how will other hosts know whether this guest is one they would want to host? And why should a guest whose behavior is such that it makes both other guests and the host fear for their safety be able to get away without being called out as an unwelcome guest?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Wow, that's some review you left for the (returning) guest @Christopher685!