NO SHOW

Emile2
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

NO SHOW

i had a guest checking in and checking out after 10 mins. when i asked if if everything was ok he just said the place is no good which i don,t know what he means by that. i think the guest was expecting to be staying alone in the apartment. what i wanted to know is what happens to the payment as i havnt recevived anything from air bnb. thank you guys for the replies

3 Replies 3
Judy1
Level 5
Toronto, Canada

Hello,

As a host you need to contact Airbnb immediately to notify them that the guest checked-in and immediately checked-out. He or she probably contacted Airbnb after they left and asked Airbnb to re-house them. It is really important that you follow-up on situations like this. If in the case that the guest complained about your space to Airbnb, you will more likely not get paid for the stay. You need to call them and find out if the guest complained and explain to Airbnb what happened before worrying about payment.

The reason why I urge you to do this is because there are a handful of guests that have figured out how to con themselves out of paying for accomodations. If a place is not adequate or there is an unforseen circumstance, Airbnb will try to relocated the guest to another host OR put them up in a hotel. You need to follow up because this guest didn't give you a reason for why it was "no good". Have they been able to review you or were you sent an email or notification to review them? You can also check to see your payouts to see if you are indeed getting paid for the stay. 

Keep us posted and good luck! 

Emile2
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

i received an email to say the payment has been sent out to me. i called air bnb and explained to them and they said " not good enough" is not a good enough reason. i was quite disappointed on the guest comment regarding the place as me and my partner did put a few extras in the room to make the stay as nice as possible. i am not able to leave a review on the guest yet but i will leave one soon as i am able too. thank you for the response

Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

Hi @Emile2

the payment normally is processed the day after the check in, and will arrive in your account maybe in 2 or 3 days from that day. but if the guest call before 24 hours and ask for a refound most probabily he will get the money back, but depends, anyway I'm not totally sure cause I never had this kind of situations, luckly.

beside that, I suggest to take better pictures of your apartment during the day time, the pics that you have now in night time are quite depressing, and remember to keep the camera in landscape orientation, not in weird angle. 🙂 if you are not sure call a professional photographer, what you will pay in photo, you will get back in booking.

you talk about a beautiful view from your apartment but I can't see from the pictures. there is the picture of your building from outside and that's ok, but actually is more important see how it is from your window or balcony, if you have one.

Keep open the curtains, give light and fresh feelings to your place.

Good luck

cheers Raf