Need advice please

Christine498
Level 2
Pembroke, Bermuda

Need advice please

I am brand spanky new at this so.... I just had someone ask for a 3 day stay in June and I preapproved them.  Straight after that I had someone ask for a 7 day stay but it overlaps with first booking.

I have not heard back from first guy to say he has booked so could you tell me how long I need to wait for him to actually book my place after me pre booking him?

Thanks for the help....this is a lot to navigate!

5 Replies 5
Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

I would just pre approve both and notify each guest that there are 2 of them considering the dates and that the booking is first come first serve. 

Thanks so much for your help!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You pre approve, I do not tick the box that blocks the dates.

First come first served.

David
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

In short, "pre-approving" allows the guest to book if they want.  However, they do not have to, so someone else can come along, also get a pre approval and then book first. Each guest has 24 hours to book after you pre-approve them.  The first time this happened to me I was a bit confused as well, and I felt sort of sorry for the first person, like they really had the "right" to book.  Now, I am totally comfortable with the system.  I do let them know, however, that someone else is inquiring about the dates, just as a courtesy.

That helps a lot thank you!