New Guest Review Process

New Guest Review Process

Just evaluated a guest and experienced another stupid Airbnb change. We used to have a one-page form that was so easy to see the guest, which home they stayed in and dates along with two text boxes and stars to click under the boxes. It could be completed in seconds. Now there is only one text box per page with no guest information showing. Now hosts have to fill in a box, click next, fill in a box, click next, select a star rating, click next, select another star rating, click next through SIX pages. Once completed it takes you to the Airbnb homepage instead of back to your dashboard.

WHY WHY WHY do the Airbnb programmers have to take something that was so simple, concise and easy to complete and make it difficult and time comsuming?????

14 Replies 14
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tim-and-Holly0  I agree with your statement about them changing things for no good reason, but I don't find the new form time-consuming. Takes me about 3 minutes to complete.

@Sarah977  well, it's 2,5 minutes to long 🙂

@Branka-and-Silvia0:

Exactly. Thank you!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Tim-and-Holly0, I filled out a few reviews a few months ago that were exactly what you describe. But it went back to normal not long after. I don't know what they are testing/working on....

@Emilia42:

Hopefully this form is something that is not going to stay on my end too.

Sunnee-and-Curt0
Level 1
Folly Beach, SC

Oh my goodness -- this is killing me! I own a boutique inn (7 rooms) and now this reviewing the guest process is taking me way longer than it used to with multiple pages [NEXT] button and then I cannot remember what room the guests stayed in so I have to jump back and look at the details of their trip so I can make sure I am identifying them properly. Also, it longer ask me to THANK my guests, but to leave private feedback on what they can do better --- NO NO NO. This is a PITA, and hate it! 😞 Definitely not user friendly for my multiple listings. 

One more thing, it seems to be treating me like a guest instead of a host and takes me back to a home page like I am searching for a place to stay like a guest. I want to stay in my hosting page, please.

Cynthia475
Level 5
California, United States

Happened to me today too!  I much prefered the old form; quick and easy.  Why change something that was not broken?  This only discourages people from taking the time to leave a review.

Here's another problem I discovered this afternoon. You HAVE to give a guest a star rating (cleanliness, communication, etc) in order to complete the review. In this case, a guest who cancelled the day of arrival but prior to arrival left us a review. So, what stars do I give him when he was never on the property? Do I just assume he was "going to be" clean? Do I give him 3 stars to be average? I can't honestly rate him, just as he can't honestly rate me (he gave me all one stars including cleanliness for a "dirty kitchen" he'd never even seen).  This is just beyond ridiculous. Obvious some of the people in the decision making process of Airbnb have never been hosts.
@Branka-and-Silvia0, @Sunnee-and-Curt0 ,

@Emilia42(seems like the "test" is across the board now.)

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tim-and-Holly0   "This is just beyond ridiculous. Obvious some of the people in the decision making process of Airbnb have never been hosts."

To me, it doesn't have anything to do with being a host. Any sane human would realize it's absurd to allow reviews of anyone's cleanliness if they've never even entered a place. I can't understand who could make policy decisions like this. They should be committed to a mental institution.

And did you notice we're no longer asked to leave a star rating for the guest's adherence to house rules? They add 10 things for the guests to rate us on and ask us to rate the guests on less and less.

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

I agree that this is an Unimprovement and imust be to discourage us from rating the guests. I darkly suspect the reason that we can't rate folk on following house rules is because someone "upstairs" thinks it's unreasonable for us to have rules in the first place. I  am using the annoying email prompts to access the review button so I can be sure I'm reviewing the right person. I like leaving a personal message for each guest &  I think they appreciate it It's a hassle. I wish there would just once, be a change that was an actual improvement, Sally

@Sally221& @Sarah977 :
I am still getting the house rules question, but sometimes it takes a couple of days for me to get changes after other hosts report differences on this forum. As guests leave tomorrow I'll be doing more reviews so will update when I see something.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Tim-and-Holly0 

I wonder if hotels/hostels etc... have the same review process and the obligation to review all their guests through 6 pages?

If so - who is in charge of rating Airbnb guests?

Do they have a review manager on a payroll?

Or the cleaning crew boss has to do it? Or the receptionist? Or maybe every one of them is in charge of one rating each?

Do hotels adjust their staff paychecks according to the cleanliness / check-in ratings?

I wonder a lot....  like Alice in Wonderland 🙂

Ed-And-Terry0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Yes, I just fired off a 'feedback' to Airbnb to complain about this very thing. Why does every "update" mean more work and less information for the hosts? I hate hate hate it. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Tim-and-Holly0

It’s that way for me now too. Hate it, hate it, hate it! The biggest annoyance is that the guest's name is NO WHERE in the process when the review is started. I have to write down the spelling if the guest’s name is foreign or unfamiliar (I am a horrible speller!)

A few weeks ago the people who I co-host for filled out a review for the wrong guest! They were suppose to give a less an favorable review (at my instruction) but ended up giving a glowing review which didn't even make sense for that particular guest because they thought they were reviewing someone else. I was dumbfounded as to how this could happen. Now I know why.