Newbie here! I have a question.

Stephen628
Level 2
Galway, Ireland

Newbie here! I have a question.

This could be a silly question im not sure yet.... 

So im looking to book a place to stay for a week we want a place all to ourselves no owners or other guests in the accomdation, I find places are stated as entire flat, entire house etc so i assume thats all to ourselves but then the first line in all house rules are "you'll be sharing (name)'s home"

So which is it? All to ourselves or sharing Screenshot_20190316-060614_Airbnb.jpg

6 Replies 6
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Stephen628 🙂

Could you link to the listing?

Best, Sandra 

Of course, as you can see it says entire flat but rules say sharing but most homes say the same thing which makes it confusing 

https://abnb.me/wioIdOdf6U

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Stephen628 🙂

It is because they want to make sure that guests realize that this is not a hotel room but someones private home/private estate and that there is houserules that needs to be followed. Many airbnb's got there very own houserules so it is important to read everything in a listing to make sure the listing fits you as a guest. 

Some guests new to airbnb think that they can leave an airbnb just as messy as a hotel room. 

So don't worry it is completely private 🙂

Best, Sandra

Thank you so much Sandra for your help really appreciate it:) I hope to also travel to Scandinavia in the near future I have saved your room and keep it in mind thanks for your help once again! 

Hi @Stephen628 🙂

Glad I could help. You are very welcome here in my home when visiting Copenhagen 🙂

Best, Sandra

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Stephen628 

Lovely Peñiscola ❤️

No worries, it is a holiday rental, a legal holiday rental with a licence number.  Self catering rather than a serviced apartment.  Leave tidy on departure, do the dishes (start the dishwasher), tidy up the kitchen, take out the garbage, do a quick vacuuming if you have time.  The norm is to leave ready for the wet cleaning.  

Brush up your Spanish if it is on the rustic side 🙂