Newbie here! I have a question.

Answered!

Newbie here! I have a question.

We’ve just listed our home and booked three separate guests.  Our home is clean, etc.  My first question is how many bath towels do I need for two night stays?  We can have four guests at a time, for two nights per booking, so do we need to get 8 towels?  Eight face towels makes sense but not sure about bath towels.  Some people are fine with using the same towel twice, but others may not like using them twice. 

Any other suggestions are sincerely appreciated, too!

Thanks!!

1 Best Answer

6 Replies 6
Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

They use them twice in my place - in fact they use them up 4 times, beacuse I leave 1 spare set for a week's stay.  It's not a hotel, and clean towels every day is environmentally irresponsible.  I don't know anyone who changes their bathroom towels every day at home - the important one to change frequently is the kitchen towel.

Thanks!
Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Steve633 For each guest I provide one face cloth, one small towel and one large bath towel.  Most of my stays are for 3 or 4 nights in which case I don't change the towels while they are here.  For longer stays, I change the towels half way through  - so if someone is staying for 6 nights, I change them after 3 nights etc.  If I were to have someone here for 2 weeks (never have yet!) I would change the towels 3 times probably.  I NEVER leave spare towels in the guest area, I keep them in my part of the house so that I have control over what gets used - same goes for bedding.  If they have some sort of emergency and need more  of either, they have to ask me for replacements.

Thanks!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Steve633  Women will use two towels as a general rule one for the body and one for the hair. I leave 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 washcloths, 4 black makeup washcloths and 1 bech towel. 

Thanks!