Nightmare guests

Jessica1088
Level 2
St. Augustine, FL

Nightmare guests

We have been hosts for 1 year now and had our first truly unpleasant experience. It was for one night and the guest brought her disabled brother, which I encouraged, but left a bed full of urine for us to clean. It had soaked all the way through to the mattress and never said a word, only used one of our towels to soak it up. I reported her as all of the above is just unacceptable. I’m a nurse and there are plenty of products out there to avoid such accidents. Then after I filed a claim she wrote a bad review, saying of all things the bed was “a little dirty” and there were receipts on them from the previous guest. All of which was a complete lie. Airbnb will not remove the review and we’ll see how this turns out, but any thoughts? 

2 Replies 2
Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

Oh I am so sorry you have to deal with this. From the sounds of it Airbnb never removes any reviews unless it goes against their policy but definitely keep trying. Also we use waterproof mattress protectors on all our beds so if guests soil the bed, it collects it & never absorbs into the mattress, this might be helpful for you as well 🙂

@Jessica1088    I am sorry, unfortunately it seems to happen quite often.  But you have stellar reviews:  "loved it, love, perfect" etc. so most guests will see that one outlier review for what it is.   In my experience Airbnb refuse to remove guest's reviews even if proven to be dishonest and a rant.  I tried it recently, even the guest's own private remarks threw them in a ditch but Airbnb said no, no, no we won't remove it.  It's an insane system that allows guests to trash a host's listing out of proven vindictiveness.   btw:  If you no longer wish to recommend the guests to other hosts you can ask Airbnb to remove it and they will.