No Sms or mail notifications

Kåre0
Level 2
Trondheim, Norway

No Sms or mail notifications

I`ve stopped getting notifications from airbnb. I have to check the airbnb site every 15 min all day to be a good host it`s hopeless, and while sleeping I don`t get a buzz on my phone so I can answer, and then the request is usually cancelled, or the guest is wondering if I`m unserious

3 Replies 3
Kåre0
Level 2
Trondheim, Norway

It happed after I`ve been abroad, don`t know if this has any connection. On principle I don`t want a smartphone so I`m sticking with my 5 year old Ericsson phone.

Ratna8
Level 2
West Java, Indonesia

Hi everybody,

This is not an isolated issue: I counted 15+ threads on the Community forum with similar problems (one or more forms of notification suddenly stopped).

On 17 August 2019 I reported that suddenly I (and my co-host) no longer got an audible alert when a push notification or SMS from AirBnB arrived. On AirBnB's request I sent screenshots of my AirBnB app settings and Android notification settings. AirBnB support told me 2 days later that "this is a known issue and I have forwarded your concern to our Project Engineers." To date (11 November) the problem is NOT resolved.

In fact yesterday it got worse: no notifications whatsoever from AirBnB. I checked all AirBnB app and Android notifications settings - all correct. Nothing in spamfolders.

Like Karen0 we now have to check the AirBnB app/site every 15 minutes to keep up our services to our guests.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ratna8  I also had my text notifications stop a couple years ago. It took them about a month to get them up and running again. Now I mostly get them, but they are sometimes erratic- the latest booking request I got I never received a notification of, but I got notifications of the 2 message responses I got from the guest after accepting her booking, just a short while later.

I'm not sure why hosts think they have to check every 15 minutes, though. I never answer my phone at night after I've gone to bed- I turn my ringer off. And I have another job, so I've often not responded to a request for several hours after it came in and I've never lost a booking because of it. If it's a matter of guests who are already staying needing your asistance, I'd just explain to them that your notifications aren't working, and if it's an emergency, to please contact you via text message or phone call. Also, set your email so you get notifications on it, and if you get a message, you will see the notification on your email.

The idea that hosts have to check their messages every 15 minutes is absurd to me- I do this as a pleasurable experience, not to be a slave to it. Checking twice a day, in case notifications aren't working, seems quite sufficient to me.