No fairness.

Katrina149
Level 2
Wandiligong, Australia

No fairness.

As I have explained previously I had a medical procedure brought forward to co-incide witha request for a booking from guests, I would not have been well enough to host these guests on January 26th 2019. Both the guests and I cancelled immediately, they understood my circumstances. I will be posting shortly a certificate from the Hospital. I am disgusted in Airbnb not acknowledging this situation; Airbnb have charged me for this, they have robed me of $139.00. I have repaetedly tried to contact Airbnb to get their address to post a copy of my medical certificate and they have not supplied me with an address.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Katrina149  Both the guests and you don't cancel- it's either a guest cancellation or a host cancellation. This was explained to you in answer to your previous post about this situation. 

There is no "address" to send your documentation to. You have to contact Airbnb through the messaging system (go to Help, then scroll down until you get to the "contact us"), explain what the issue is, that it was a cancellation that falls under the extenuating circumstances policy, and submit your documentation through the system.

Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Katrina149 Just as @Sarah977 mentioned it's either a guest or host cancellation. In my experience Airbnb support would listen to your situation and then reach out to the guest as well to confirm. In the end, it should be resolved and you should not be penalized. I have reached out to Airbnb on a few occasions and have been pleasantly surprised at their objectivity and resolve.