No payment for months

Sean1171
Level 2
Austin, TX

No payment for months

I have not received payment from my booking for July, August and September.  The payments are listed as pending future transactions, even though we are now in October.  No one from AirBnB has reached out and I cannot figure out how to get in touch with them. 

I do not want to bother the guest until I understand if this is an AirBnB payment system error. 

The fact that I cannot find a help desk on AirBnB for something this basic is a bit disconcerting. 

Any suggestions, fellow hosts???

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sean1171  There is a large pinned post on the first page of the Help section of this forum " Contact Airbnb" which gives phone numbers and all the ways to reach Airbnb. And a simple Google search also gives results.

Thanks for that tip!  

Maybe AirBnB should pin the same contact info to their Help page.  That way people would quit landing here with their questions and frustration!

@Sean1171 Honestly, you'll get much better advice from other hosts here if you have questions than you will from customer service, who constantly give out bad advice, incomplete and erroneous information and don't even know Airbnb policies as well as hosts do.

But if course no one here can help with payment issues.

To get paid in a reasonable length of time - ensure that your preferred method of payment is selected as DEFAULT from the pull down menu.  Stupid I know - especially if you only have one method of payment but it must be set as default.  Air BNB have an issue understanding logic progressions when they write code - so even one method of payment is not classed as the default method - you must select it  - as soon as  I selected default  for my only method of payment - I received a payment email -  simple solution to a silly hiccup in their system.

Bill55
Level 3
Lexington, KY

After being paid promptly for 7 years as a super host, I stopped getting payments at the end of December. My PayPal account is set up as the default account (I just checked, again.) I have sent messages, and talked to support several times. I have been given incorrect information, and have spent hours communicating first with this support person and then that one. I get the same message over and over with an occasional  variant. They are always pleasant, but always unhelpful.

@Bill55 @Sean1171 @Lee3945 @Sarah977 

I am still not paid for a 28 night booking that was.comoleted successfully in March 2022.

I interacted (by messaging on the notoriously useless Airbnb support platform and also on the phone with no less than 18 or 19 Airbnb support team members in the past 8 weeks).

It is very disappointing to see that hosts like Bill55 don't bother to update the community on their case.

I see this in most threads.

When hosts are targeted by Airbnb incompetence they ask for help from other hosts but most of them disappear without notifying on what happened to them.

To me it is a sign of a deep problem in the Western mindset of zombified victims of the digital age (the i-generation where it is all about me and instant gratification).

Sean1171
Level 2
Austin, TX

I am sorry to hear that.  I know it is frustrating! 

It took me many months to finally get paid.  I spent hours and hours trying to resolve the issues.  Basically, AirBnB made a change that invalidated the payment mechanism in my but did not tell me, and they had no incentive to fix it. 

The good news is that after jumping through a series of hoops and being very persistent, I finally did receive payment.  Stick with it. 

Tip: send the complaint/request by email, because their algorithm requires them to respond in a certain time frame and record the thread.  Another tip, have an updated summary of the problem and most recent exchange saved, so you can cut and paste it when you open a new online case. 

Good luck!

I was tagged in this post although I know not why? Anyway my payment issues were resolved when I clicked the preferred payment option - even though I only had one method of payment I had to tell air bnb that it was the preferred method - even though the system doesn’t require this, it’s the only way it will work