No response from Host

Peter1381
Level 2
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

No response from Host

Hi, I'm completely new to Airbnb and live in the UK. We have sold our house and we need to vacate it in just 10 days time. We have a confirmed booking for a house just 5 miles away for a 1 month stay costing quite a bit. I have messaged the host 3 times and tried leaving a message on the number given (which is a Hong Kong number) but I've had no response from any of these attempts. I'm getting very nervous that we may have nowehere to stay and not enough time to find anywhere if we don't get a response from the host ASAP to confirm arrangements and indeed that the booking is sound. Customer Service have been entirely useless so far, taking up to 24 hours to respond. Has anyone else experienced this and what would they recommend?

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Peter1381

In brief, you will have to get AirBnB to contact the host - the easiest way to get a prompt reply is on Twitter - search for AirBnBhelp.

The place you booked...did it have a good few reviews? If so, then it may just be that the host is away or travelling etc...

Peter1381
Level 2

No it is a newly listed property with no reviews as yet.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Peter1381under what cancelation policy you booked that place? When did you book it - before 48 hours or more? For how many nights?

Did you contact Airbnb via twitter? 

Give us the link of this property so we can look at it and see if sounds suspicious

Peter1381
Level 2

Hi, still no response from the host and I’ve now received a full refund from Airbnb. They say they will take action against the host. It was a 3bed house in Broughton, Milton Keynes, UK.