Nocturnal guests

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Nocturnal guests

We had a strange experience this weekend. We had a military man (per his profile picture) book.  One guest,  two nights - we have a 2 night minimum.  He said he wanted to check in early like 8am Friday.  I said fine normally it’s 3 but the house was available so no harm. My listing discloses and borrowers have to agree to the outdoor security cameras. Normally we put them On at check in and check out and turn them off in between.

The guests-yes 4 of them didn’t show up until the next morning with backpacks and tons of grocery bags, were they planning a party I thought? I immediately called him and said what is going on there? You booked one night 1 guest. You didn’t show up yesterday and you show up today with 4 people, backpacks, and tons of grocery bags. He said he had a family emergency the day before-I remind you he’s in the military and is from out of state - no family here and he didn’t know it cost extra for extra guests but he would pay more. I said here’s what I’m going to do since you didn’t stay last night I’m not to going to charge you for the extra guests even though I don’t do one night rentals. I  reminded him checkout was 11am the next day, no parties, outdoor cameras on , and next door neighbor keeping an eye on things too. 

Instead of exploring our our quirky little town that day they spend the entire day in the house until the evening when they took out a bag of trash and left. Per the cameras they didn’t come back that night so we found it extremely odd that people would rent our house to nap, shower, and cook and stay out all night. 

The next morning they all came back about 8:30am so again I reminded him that check out is 11am and I’m on my way to clean. They left with 3 more bags of trash. No clue where they went overnight or what they did in my house. 

Has as anyone experienced people renting and not showing up the first night and not sleeping there the second night? I feel like something isn’t right but can’t put my finger on it. My husband thinks they were married to other people and this was some kind of rendezvous. Where did they go overnight? Why would they pay to rent a house they weren’t staying at? Very strange. 

1 Reply 1
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Correction he booked 2 nights, 1 guest