Non Payment

Elyse3
Level 1
New York, NY

Non Payment

I have not been paid out on a reservation for almost a week after check-in. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I typically am paid within 24 hours of check in, and I can't find a way to report this or look into it. Please help....

42 Replies 42

Hi bill

thank you for contacting me

which twitter account as they have several

thanks again

ramona

I think it was just the "AirBnB" Twitter account.

-Bill

Bill

your the best !

i did what you said and in less than 24hours they are paying me , phone calls, emails , my phone has not stopped buzzing !!  

Best wishes Ramona 

Thank you Bill 

It was just the normal "AirBnb" Twitter account.

Beth126
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

I haven't been paid for a 9-night stay that ended today. I contacted Airbnb electronically. The problem was acknowledged in Airbnb's response, and the matter was handed up the chain.  However, I haven't heard back in 5 days. 

Hi Beth 

i had a similar problem that escalated for some time and found the quickest way to get paid was to tweet air B and B they got back to me within minutes and I was paid within 24hours

hope this helps

Ramona  

Ray83
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I have a situation where a guest made a reservation for six people for 5 nights, but showed up at my condo today and moved in with EIGHT people.  My listing on Airbnb clearly states that if the number of guests in the condo is more than six, then there is an extra person charge of US$30 per person per night for the number of people exceeding six.  So in this case, the guest owes me an extra US$300 (i.e., US$30 x 2 people x 5 nights).  I have logged into Airbnb and submitted a request to my guest to change the reservation from 6 people to 8 people.  My guest has been unresponsive to all forms of communication - phone calls, texts and emails, and is also ignoring messages through Airbnb. 

What protection does Airbnb provide for me as a host in this case to make sure that I am not ripped off for US$300? 

Denise248
Level 1
Menlo Park, CA

I have a guest who has been here since May 31st and it is now July 18th.  I got a notice from AirBnB that I had been paid, but it turned out the credit card my guest provided did not work as she had cancelled it.  I did not get notice from AirBnB for a while after she started living here about inability to collect and I think something to the affect that they are not responsible.  I just got another notice that she still has not paid. She says that AirBnB still had her old credit card info.  I am now getting nervous as she leaves July 28th. 

What is the recourse or liability if she leaves without paying having stayed with me for 6 weeks?  I cannot find any number to talk to AirBnB about this and I am under the impression this is entirely going to be my problem.  Is that correct?  Or is there someone there who can help and make this more of a priority and confirm that they have a working credit card number?

I no longer trust the email messages.

Thanks.

Hi Denise,

You can try calling Airbnb at 1-855-424-7262.  You may have to wait on hold for a bit to get the next available agent, but you should at least eventually get in touch with a real, live human being.  I hope this helps.

Ray

Vellay0
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

my co-host has not been paid for dates 06/17/18 to 07/31/18 and it amounts to $1,100. I have called customer service 10 times, escalated the issue and still no resolution. airbnb says it is a trust and safety issue and they are looking into it. They are saying this over and over again with no payouts. I wonder how many people airbnb is not paying? are they having a cash flow situation?

Noel634
Level 1
Alexandra Headland, Australia

I had guests 4 July 2020 but to date no payment but have 3 other guests since and all paid Noel 

Nathan1961
Level 2
Stehekin, WA

I'm having a similar experience.  I started taking guests in June, and got my direct deposit information in the system and received the test $0.01 deposit, so I was expecting immediate payouts, but have seen nothing.  I have now had six completed bookings and no payments.  They now owe me more than $3500.  I have tried contacting through the message center starting July 9th and got a response once out of a great many messages.  That person said they were the wrong department and someone would be back with me in 24 hours.  Nothing.  I've tried calling and get put on hold for long enough the hold music cuts off and I give up (more that 45 minutes).  I am getting to the point of pretty serious frustration. 

Laura4348
Level 2
Santa Barbara, CA

@Elyse3 Sorry that you don't feel an urgency to resolve the issue like I do. Is it perhaps because my mortgage payment is going to be in default and you don't care that you are having me having to pay the expenses of hosting guests who are paying you -- while you are not paying me?

Currently Airbnb is illegally holding onto a $4,500 payment made to Airbnb by the "guests" who are currently occupying my home. I am paying the bills for their occupation. Airbnb is pocketing the money.

Until Airbnb pays me, please note that I am posting the following on every site I can find around the world regarding Airbnb:

I have guests currently staying in my Airbnb who booked my place in May 2020 for 2 months. They paid Airbnb $9,000. After the guests arrived in June, Airbnb paid me $4,500. However, Airbnb held onto $4,500 of the guests’ payment. Airbnb posted on my account that they would distribute the remaining $4,500 payment to me on July 17. Hello Airbnb? Why are you holding the payment renters made to me in May? Who has to pay the mortgage?

On July 17, Airbnb sent me $0.00.

ZERO. Worse, on July 18 my Airbnb account showed no Airbnb pending or future payments owed to me by Airbnb of the $4,500.

I called Airbnb today, July 20th, to ask why Airbnb had not sent the $4,500 payment to me – and also why Airbnb now shows on its records that no money is owed to me. After 45 minutes on hold, an Airbnb customer service rep answered and “investigated” my problem. She told me it was an “IT” error. She was very kind. Told me she personally had answered over 10 calls from Hosts who had not received payments that Airbnb said they would make to the Host on July 17. However, she assured me Airbnb’s IT department was looking into it, so not to worry. (I wish I could tell my mortgage company the same thing.)

I pointed out this was an accounting issue, not an IT issue, and asking to be connected to someone in Airbnb’s accounts payable or anyone else who could do more. She said that she could not connect me, but the IT department would look into the problem.