Novice host cancellation

Novice host cancellation

Hi 

how do you contact Airb&b to unblock dates ? The price was not correct with a large service charge- so I cancelled with the thought we could just start again - it appears not ! 

I feel like I am in an Ester Ranson programme - Any advice gratefully received 

4 Replies 4
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anonymous 

hope you are well. 
please under no circumstance cancel a confirmed reservation- it really does hurt your performance. If you need to cancel for whatever reason speak with Airbnb prior unless it’s IB and you feel uncomfortable or the guest has suggested they will break one of your rules etc but state clearly it is for these reasons.

Now your best bet would be to call Airbnb (‭+44 20 3318 1111‬, UK) and plead “novice host” case. 

Good luck to you. 
Yadira 🙂

Thanks I am trying now - hopefully it will be resolved soon 😊

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Anonymous 

I am not sure what you mean by 'the price was not correct with large service charge'.

Airbnb expects hosts to be familiar with how Airbnb works and to keep their listing including pricing current. It takes host cancellations seriously hence the penalties involved in host cancellations.

You  must have some experience as you are a Superhost.  You can call them but I am not sure how flexible they will be.

Hi - thanks for your advice and opinion. I have only been hosting for 6 months and acquired super host as I've never cancelled and we are attentive to our guests. 

I however made an error yesterday - and reduced the price for the days a quest wanted- but didn't modify the weekly discount percentage ... it was my error - I am trying to resolve it now - 🙂