Offering a house and car package

Jules35
Level 1
Edgewater, Australia

Offering a house and car package

Can anyone advise me if Air BnB has any rules/policies precluding my renting out an entire house with a motor vehicle?  The Help Center doesn't help and the Community Center appears to be the only means by which I can pose this question.  Talk about a faceless multinational!  I will be very grateful for any and all responses.

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

No, Airbnb is not dedicated to such rentals, @Jules35. I think it makes no sense to go further. You might offer driving your guests as 'experience' if/once it is available in your area, but not car rental.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jules35  As posted by @Marzena4, Air BNB does not cover moving accommodations period.  You can book a yacht but not a yacht that is sailing.  You can book an RV, but not drive it.

Thanks for your replies.  I do understand the distinction between stationary and moving accommodation.  However, my intention is to offer a house with a car thrown in to sweeten the deal.  The car is a bonus, not the primary accommodation.  Any further thoughts?

I disagree with the others, I have seen plenty of listings on AirBnb that move, RV's and Boats. Think I saw an Aircraft.

I am not that familiar with the Australian Motor Insurance Market, somewhat surprised that you can purchase such cover economically.

Also wondering how you will operate the car rental side?

David
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jules35 So say I like a little “sippy sippy” . I like it a lot.

SAY FOR EXAMPLE, Here in the States I have three DUI convictions on my drivers license, Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. 

You’re going to let me putt putt around town in your car under YOUR insurance? 

Heres an idea, contact a local car hire like Avis or Hertz or something. Ask them for a discount for your guest or if they will pay you for the referral. If they give you a discount code, you can provide that as a ‘perk’ to your guest using someone else’s car and insurance instead of yours. If you structure the arrangement correctly, you can get paid for it and have little risk. 

Good Luck

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

I'm just trying to establish a point of difference between my rental and everyone else's.  The vehicle is a Suzuki Swift, just a runaround for the renter's convenience.  I'm not worried about scratches and insurance will cover anything major.  Thank you for all your opinions but I still don't have a definitive response as to whether what I want to do is permissable.  Does anyone know WHO or WHAT Air BnB is?  It seems to me that (just like Uber) Air BnB exists purely in the "digisphere".  Is any real person accountable or have we already been taken over by AI?