payment

Adrienne45
Level 1
Stornoway, United Kingdom

payment

Hi

I am new to airbnb and have my first booking, almost confirmed. However there are some questions I have on the charge for the accomodation. I set the fee at £60 per night and as recommended by airbnb offered a 24% discount to the first three bookings. The first booking was for 3 nights which would work out at £136.80. I know I have to pay a fee of 3% but the customer is being charged £208. This seems a lot considering it was airbnb that recommended the discount. Can anyone shed any light on why the cost is so high to the person booking . I know there is a fee added on to them but it still seems quite high. Also, I have been trying to find a way to contact airbnb about this but I cant see anything on the website other than the standard questions and answers.

Thanks

Adrienne

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Adrienne45

Click to Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

I can't see a discount on your listing

Untitled4.jpg

Adrienne45
Level 1
Stornoway, United Kingdom

Hi Jeff

Thanks for getting in touch. I managed to remove the discount but this was after I informed the chap that booked that there was a special offer! So Im not sure if he wants to continue with his booking now. However that is now sorted but I still have a problem with the map. When I put the address in , the system says that it is not an accurate address. I have reset the map several times and saved but when I go back into the listing it reverts to somewhere else on the island. This has resulted in someone booking yesterday, thinking that we were near to a venue she was attending, and then having to cancel when I told her we were no where near. We are new to Airbnb although having been doing summer lets for a couple of years now through Visit Scotland but hoped to get more bookings this year.

Could you suggest a method of resolving the map issue.

Thanks for your help Jeff

Regards

Adrienne