One sided Review

Sarah-and-Lita0
Level 2
Moncarapacho, Portugal

One sided Review

As a host I work very hard with our clients for good reviews. If I have written a review about a guest who has left and had a great time, but they do not bother to review me, does my review still get published?.....and vice versa

5 Replies 5
Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Yes, it will get published after a two weeks' period.

Marwan0
Level 3
Madaba, Jordan

Yes indeed it will be published after 14 days, BUT it's the guest reveiw which is more important.

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

I understand when you work hard and you thought your guest had a great stay, it feels unfair that you left them a nice review and they left you nothing. It happens and my advice is take a deep breath and let it go. Don't let this give you an ulcer! There are lots of good reasons guests can miss the review deadline of 14 days. The time to do something is while the guest is in your home. Chat about how you are new and really need a few more good reviews and how you are going to go that extra mile to make sure they have a great stay and blah blah blah. Keep it simple and don't nag and if someone doesn't review you just let it go.

You may feel that they should not get the benefit of your good review when they left you nothing (except of course some of their $$$$). 'If they don't review me then my review of them should be pulled from their profile'. When you feel way, remember what could happen if you got a really BAD guest or host. What if all the bad party has to do to prevent any sort of accurate and unfavorable review is simply to not leave a review themselves. The current system prevents that and works pretty well to foster accurate, honest reviews. It's much better than it used to be. 

Robert193
Level 1
Seaford, United Kingdom

This is probably one for Airbnb themselves but if a guest doesn't leave a review does it affect the hosts actual rating? I believe that if either host or guest doesn't post a review then neither should be published. If it does affect the host rating then this is totally unfair and dicriminatory.

I recently had a couple stay and they recieved excellent hosting including chocolates for the lady as it was her birthday and two Gin & Tonics, print outs of walks in the area, a restaurant booking that they loved and a cooked breakfast the like of which they have never experienced before (in a good way). Leaving and assuring me of a 5 star review as nothing could possibly be improved upon no review has been left. Even after they left a pair of leather gloves that I posted back to then by recorded delivery, not even a thankyou.

Sorry Airbnb but it's not satisfactory.

@Sarah-and-Lita0   I had an awesome guest and he honestly forgot to write a review within the 14 days. My review of him was still published and he wrote me a nice apology for not reviewing on time. I told him "no stress!",  we  have plenty of  great reviews. I don't think either party should stress out if they forget to review. Having said that I just had an awful guest who scowled at me the whole time and left a day early. I guess maybe she was going through some personal trouble... should I give her a bad review..? Likely I will just say we were not a good fit.