Over riding blocked dates

Ireland0
Level 2
Miami, FL

Over riding blocked dates

I had my rooms blocked off since I had  family staying and they had very large agressive dogs at the house. I was out drinking with the family when I got a text message, "Where are the keys to the house? The dog looks very big, will he bit me?"

Yes - the dog will bit because no one was suposed to be at the house.

The system managed to over ride my blocked dates and insta booked the guest. He showed up to my house.  I was never informed. I know 100% the rooms were blocked off on 4 different plat forms. Customer Service was a nightmare to deal with. They refused to talk to me until I gave them my back account information. It took me over an 1 and half to talk to someone.  I was more worried about the poor guy standing in the dark on the street with a bunch of dogs barking at him. Thankfully, he was able to get ahold of someone.

Now I have people that request a room, I blocked the rooms and approve their request. Then a different person will insta book.  I thought it was just that the orginal person took to long. But yesterday evening I talked with a lady (3 day visits), blocked the dates and then a few hours later another person booked (1 day).  This has also happend a few times.  I had several people try to reserve the space and then another person booked the room.

I dont know how to report this since I do not see a tech support option.  This has happend too many times. 

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Ireland0

Switch off instant booking, problem solved.

Then I dont have bookings

Without the bookings then I can not pay my rent. I dont think that will work. I think it would behove Airbnb to fix their glich. I am not the only person facing this issues.