Partial refund - does Airbnb take a share?

Hanna28
Level 2
Gothenburg, Sweden

Partial refund - does Airbnb take a share?

Hi!

I have my first guests as a new host, and I (well me and my guests actually) have a question about refunds.

They may stay one night during their travels in my country stay overnight in another city. They mentioned this in their booking request and asked if they in case they decided to do that could come to an agreement for a partial refund. It isn't a problem for me, so it's all fine.

We're wondering if Airbnb will take a percentage from the partial refund? I will refund what I get paid for the night, not what they paid to Airbnb for one night.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Hanna28

It depends on what you do....

If a guest makes a change to their booking before they arrive and start their reservation then the total that the guest pays AirBnB, including the booking fee, will reflect any change that is made. AirBnB does not take a second booking fee for processing a refund on its platform.

If the guest is staying with you, and you have agreed that if they only stay for one night, and you will refund them for the second night. Then you can use the resolution centre to send them a specific amount of money. There will be no change to the booking fee they have already paid AirBnB.

@Gerry-And-Rashid0

Thank you for your reply! Very helpful.