Pay Less Upfront

Ian147
Level 1
Tasmania, Australia

Pay Less Upfront

Does anyone know how to implement the Pay Less Upfront arrangement for guests? All the advice I have seen on Airbnb is that the full payment needs to be made once the guest books but I have heard that 2 payments can be made one upfront and one later. Thanks, Ian 

25 Replies 25

Ok, sorry for the mistake.

but if you check out the prints you`ll know what we are talking about.

This is another print https://goo.gl/cKX9Zi about "Pay Less Upfront"

And this is the answer from Airbnb/spain on facebook:

"Hi Carlos, this feature would be available on the guest's end & cannot be activated from any host settings. Your guests may have this option available to them as they go to view & book your listing. We hope this helps. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask"

Hi,

Yes that screen shot is what I have seen but it is available to the guest from the host's page ie it appears not to be something that the guest sets up with Airbnb but that the host sets up with Airbnb ... and thank you for your 'tweak' solution Marit of booking 3 days, blocking 3 days and then releasing them to allow the guest to make a second booking ie the whole booking goes through Airbnb.

Regards

Ian

Simone147
Level 2
Hong Kong

if i search properties in my area i can see this function on some properties and not others.  Even if i search when I'm not logged in - i see the same properties however this functions isn't on my property.  

Any one have any answers.  

It's a great feature if you can turn it on.

@Simone147

I suppose it is a gradual roll out of new features.

@Marit-Anne0 @Ian147 @Carlos-De-Jesus0

Wonder how If impacts cancellation policies etc - not sure personally I would like to have guests booking who either don't have enough credit, or don't want to commit to a booking. I guess for more expensive properties there is an argument for it - but again I would have concerns about cancellations etc

@Gerry-And-Rashid0

I am not even sure airbnb will let us hosts know that the "pay less up front option" has been used.  

From my experience the system works well with holiday rentals where you book a week or three and the cancellation policy can be set accordingly by the owner without being pushed down the ranks or otherwise punished.  

Like it is now airbnb is a jumble sale of different accomodation options - ideally it should have been divided into sections and policies adapted to each section.

Hi everyone,

This is just a trial right now and it is being rolled out globally but not in Brazil and India.  If the guest qualifies, they will have the option to pay some now and the rest later and they will be provided with the date of the next payment.  If the payment cannot be retrieved, the reservation is cancelled as per the host's cancellation policy.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Rizza-Mae0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

You can check this article to learn more about Airbnb's Pay Less Upfront feature. It is only available for eligible listings (listing with Flexible and Moderate cancellation policy).

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1696/pay-less-upfront-terms

Xiyuan0
Level 1
Singapore

Hi, is the 50% upfront payment refundable ? 

It's depending on the cancellation Policy https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#moderate