Paying for a pre-approved booking : PRICES DIFFER!!

Daniel650
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Paying for a pre-approved booking : PRICES DIFFER!!

Hello,

So i'm trying to complete this booking and on the approved page the price is:

Payment
€195 x 2 nights
€390
Service fee
€57

Total
€447

When i click book now the price goes up to 469! What the hell airbnb?? and nothing matches, not the price for the night or the service fee..

1 Reply 1
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Daniel650

Your host would appear to have up the price, That's the problem with not using instant booking, preapproval is not a booking "it’s an offer to treat" to use legal jargon.

To be fair to your host there is no compulsion on you to book and in many cases empirically, preapproval does not lead to a booking.

I only had a case the other day, where a chap requested, could he stay in my place so I preapproved him only for him to contact me and say they had changed their mind or something to that effect. I was glad I had not blocked the dates for him.

A host has three option with an inquiry

1. Decline.
  2. Preapprove and not block the dates (this is the option I use for obvious reasons)
  3. Preapprove and block the dates.

This convoluted booking proceed has come about, because of some Hosts requirement to vet guest before they book them and the simplicity of instant booking, which has left many Host and Guest alike unsure what the procedure is.

My personal view is that if one has instant booking switched on, guest should not have the option to seek preapproval only to book.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s club Krakow III

The Explorer’s Club Krakow VIII