Payment Issue

Heather820
Level 1
Irvine, CA

Payment Issue

When I go to the area where you see what credit cards you have on file the screen is blank.  I have gift cards in my account and yet I can't see them.  I have tried to work with support for two weeks and they will not give me a refund for my gift cards.  They say I'm not the only one with the issue.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  They also say they will not refund my gift cards. 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Heather820  Gift cards and Airbnb credits don't have cash value that can be refunded- they can only be used for bookings. If someone gives you a gift certificate to a clothing store, you can't walk into the store and ask for cash instead of the certificate, why would you think you can get cash them in?

Heather820
Level 1
Irvine, CA

Ok @Sarah977  that would be great if I could actually use those gift cards.  How would you feel if you brought those gift cards into a clothing store and they told you that you couldn't use them?  Would you want to be refunded for the gift cards?  

Heather820
Level 1
Irvine, CA

My point is I can't access or use the gift cards. I didn't ask for cash I asked for them to be refunded to the method that I paid for them.  We are talking about nearly $2,000.  The entire payment system is down for me.  They told me that it's a system problem and others are affected by it as well.  I would think that those of you renting places might want to be concerned about this as well.

@Heather820  Ok, thanks for clarifying. Yes, there are many glitches on Airbnb- very frustrating for both hosts and guests. They do sometimes work it out for you, but it can take months and certainly tries the patience of even the most laid-back.

I'm not familiar with how gift cards work, other than that they don't have cash refund value. Why do people buy Airbnb gift cards for themselves?