Payment details

Tim343
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Payment details

Hi 
I am also a host..a very frustrated host. I actually want to speak to airbnb customer service but it appears there is not one.
I have been asked a question today by the guest regarding a booking I accepted yesterday. In particular about the amount charged to their credit card. I can find no where on airbnb where it shows how this amount was calculated for the guest.
They have been charged $1798.54 on their card. She thought she agreed to $1381.91.
On my side the daily rate is $370 x 4 = 1480 _ hosting fee of 48.84= $1431.16 payout.
I'm sure her amount does not include the $300 bond.
It does not make sense.
Where can I find out how this was calculated in this booking?
Tim

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Kind of you to want to help, but perhaps best if you would put them in direct contact with Airbnb, since they are the ones to charge their credit card. It is part of the benefits of going via a booking agency, a  degree of separation from charging and actually collecting money. In fact, that and bringing interested guests to my attention it is all I want (and expect) of Airbnb.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Tim343

Airbnb host fee is about 3% and you pay it.

Guest fee is about 16% + about 3% currency conversion = about 19 % and guest pays it.

So, you were both charged correctly.

Branka 

That's  incorrect. When I do an enquiry with identical details  the guest fee is 12%. There is no currency conversion as it is all in AUS dollars. Btw a 16% fee would be theft. If Airbnb go there it will be suicide. 

Cheers 

Tim 

Then there are more 'suicidal' types in the same industry. I been told by many businesses here TA and Bookings.com comes out to roughly 18%-20% when all said and done.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Tim343 @Branka-and-Silvia0

The guest fee varies, so what you are charged would not necessarily be what I am charged or what your guest is charged.

And there is a currency conversion fee as well - airbnb does not operate in AUS as they are an US company and operate in USD. 

Ask the guests to take a look at their trip and the recipt - the final amount paid should be listed there and the card number charged.

Quote from the invoice from my latest trip:

"Airbnb charges a fee from the reservation amount for use of the Airbnb online platform. Additionally, Airbnb may take a 3% foreign exchange fee. We include the foreign exchange fee in our service fees. As a result, the services fees on your VAT invoice may be different than the service fees you see on your reservation itinerary. The reservation amount is paid by the Guest through Airbnb to the Host."

Mrs--Donna0
Level 3
Baltimore, MD

[Link hidden]

I had a problem with one of my guest, someone was on the phone right away, but them I was told that a case manager will contact me, I was then contacted via messaging, no phone call. He came to me with an answer, and their policy. I was not able to talk to anyone to explain my situation. 

Tim343
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

I have figured out the problem. Thanks for all your help.

My client was in US dollars even though she lives in Australia. She should be in AUD..australian dollars . So the amounts are correct.

FYI the service fee for her is 13%. There is a 3% currency conversion to AUD also as pointed out.