Payment discrepancy between Airbnb and the bank

Answered!
Jose--Julieta-and-Ben0
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Payment discrepancy between Airbnb and the bank

Hi guys,

Are you able to explain from where this $143NZD difference cames from?

This is Information from the Airbnb Transaction history page which that shows a Total Payout of $1336NZD with the Airbnb service fee discount.

Payout

$41 NZD x 33 nights

$1364 NZD

Cleaning Fees

$19 NZD

Airbnb Service Fee

($47 NZD)

Total Payout

$1336 NZD

and this is the Airbnb email notification and payment received in our bank account:

"We've issued you a payout of $1193 NZD via Bank Transfer. This payout should arrive in your account by Feb 24, 2017"

We contacted "Payee" the company who managed Airbnb transaction but they weren't able to explain the difference and suggest to contact Airbnb.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Jose

1 Best Answer
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You have a reservation that falls under the long-term (greater than 28 days) reservation policy.  Therefore the first month will be paid out, then the remainder of the second month will be paid out at the beginning of next month.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/285/how-are-long-term-reservation-payouts-processed

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You have a reservation that falls under the long-term (greater than 28 days) reservation policy.  Therefore the first month will be paid out, then the remainder of the second month will be paid out at the beginning of next month.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/285/how-are-long-term-reservation-payouts-processed

Perfect! - Thank you so much guys.

Hello Everyone, 

I received an email from air bnb as below

Payout of $192.06 sent
Inbox
x

Airbnb <express@airbnb.com>
Tue, May 14, 7:45 PM

to me

AirbnbHi Bipendra,We've issued you a payout of $192.06. This payout should arrive in your account by May 21, 2019, taking into consideration weekends and holidays.DateDetailAmount

05/09/2019 - 05/31/2019

HMAKHNXK9Q - Binu Sabu - PEACE BED AND BREAKFAST,Comfortable yet Affordable

$192.06

You can view the status of your payouts in your transaction history.

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team   But when i checked my bank it was only $ 149. when i checked with air bnb team they are not able to explain. This was my 1st trasaction with airbnb. Kindly advise. Thank you in advance

Csaba18
Level 1
Szeged, Hungary

Hi , 

There is a discrepancy between the airbnb pay out and the amount received in my bank account. 

Here is how its stands: 

Gross earnings: 87,620 HUF

Pay Out :               84,991 HUF

In the bank :        73,205 HUF

I presume the difference between the gross and pay out is the 3% host fee. But I dont understand the difference between the pay out and money received in the bank.

Please advise.