Payment discrepancy

Tina538
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Payment discrepancy

Hi I have several payments that do not match the Airbnb paperwork - my only record source for my accountant in Australia. An example as per Airbnb print out;-

$$77x 12 nets.               917.10

cleaning fee.                   45.00

service fee.                   -31.75

total (aud).                        930.35

i cannot get a satisfactory answer out of Airbnb & my issue is that I have one property listed which is owned by my self managed super fund. My paper trail has to be correct - and in the example provided 77 x 12 doesn’t equal 917.10 ??  Is anyone in this same situation & have you been able to resolve to get usable receipts from Airbnb let alone an answer to the discrepancy in figures???

3 Replies 3
Flavia195
Level 10
Grande Prairie, Canada

@Tina538  Everyone has the same problem. Airbnb don't know to do properly math  and it always in their favor.

My problem is that their paperwork doesn’t add up, and it has to do with the rounding up! Apparently they have been working on a fix since Feb!!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Tina538 
Have you cross referenced all your transaction records both via when bookings have been made and in the Transaction history?
Occasionally there may be a discrepancy with exchange rates and I do recall there was discussions about an adjustment payment of small amounts credited to accounts so maybe you need to see if that's what it may be.

If it's that that should show up in your bank records

You may like to use related keywords to see what discussions took place at the time.

All the best