Payment issue

Julie1674
Level 2
Kentucky, United States

Payment issue

I just tried to pay the second payment for my Airbnb stay in July, the payment was having issues so I called the bank because I knew I had the funds. The lady at the bank said I would need to come in and sign an authorization because the payment is going thru Great Britain?  I told her the place is in Louisville, KY.. so then she was confused.   I used the same card back in March to pay the first half of the payment and never had to go sign a form at the bank.  I have the receipt for that transcation, also.   The weird thing is, I couldn't find the trancastion on my bank statement and neither could she.  I have messaged the host asking if for any reason they would have a connection to Great Britain and explained what has happened, and they replied with no and they have no idea why this could happen?   I have messaged Airbnb but i'm not sure when to expect a response.   Any help?

Thanks!

Julie

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Julie1674 

For Europe the financial office of Airbnb is based in London, UK. No idea if it is used also for transaction from/to US. Hosts are not involved in how guests make their paymens, they are payed by Airbnb and are not interested in what way Airbnb get's the money from the guests. Maybe contact Airbnb in another way, twitter seems to respond rather quickly:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Julie1674
Level 2
Kentucky, United States

Thank you, I will try twitter.  Even if the financial office is in the UK- why would it flag me now and never has before? I have booked with Airbnb several times and never had this issue. 

Julie1674
Level 2
Kentucky, United States

Thank you for your help.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Julie1674 

A guest of mine had this issue when paying through the app. Maybe try in a desktop and clear cache, etc. Sometimes Airbnb acts up but definitely contact them especially via twitter if it persists! Good luck to you 🙂

Julie1674
Level 2
Kentucky, United States

I just tried that :(. It still isn’t working but I’m hoping for a reply thru twitter soon.