Payment issues yet expected to host?

Payment issues yet expected to host?

Hi, I am new in hosting. I would like to get a thorough explanations of how payments in Africa work. I will be hosting tomorrow but AirBnB has not paid me yet...Hiw should I go around it?And can anyone get me the direct office contact instead of the toll-free line. I am anxious and a bit frustrated about them not attending to payment issue yet the client already paid AirBnB.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Boitshepo0 

If you are a new host, first payout can be delayed for 30 days.

It is all mentioned in the HELP:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout

Best regards,

Emel

Goodness me so I'm expected to use my own funds to host? 

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

Yes, @Emiel1 is correct.  I started hosting in October of last year and although I did not have to wait 30 days for payment, it is written in the TOS that this can happen.  I have always been paid the day after the guests check in and those payments have been very prompt. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Boitshepo0  All this information is available for hosts to read on the Airbnb site, no need to be surprised or confused. Yes, you will have to wait up to 30 days after your first guest checks in to receive payment for that booking. But all your other payments should be released 24 hours after a guest checks in- you don't get paid when the guest books. And even after it's released, it can be several days until it appears in your bank account, paypal, or whatever payout method you are using.