Payment not received

Answered!
Katerina41
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Payment not received

I am a host and have a confirmed booking for the 21/08/2017.  My guest informed me that he paid on the 7/08/2017, but I have not seen payment into my bank account yet.  What do I do?

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Katerina41,

For reservations of less than 28 days Airbnb charges the guest immediately when you accept the reservation.

Then, the day after the guest checks in, Airbnb starts the process of paying you. Depending on your payout method it may take a further few working days for the money to appear in your account.

The following article has the details. When do I get paid?

The posts at the following link laso contain advice gained , from experience, by other hosts.

Community Help Guides

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Katerina41,

For reservations of less than 28 days Airbnb charges the guest immediately when you accept the reservation.

Then, the day after the guest checks in, Airbnb starts the process of paying you. Depending on your payout method it may take a further few working days for the money to appear in your account.

The following article has the details. When do I get paid?

The posts at the following link laso contain advice gained , from experience, by other hosts.

Community Help Guides

Steve.

Katerina42
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Thank you Steve. I had no idea that payment would be received once guest arrived. It's my first hosting. 

Marla-and-Walter0
Level 2
Middle West Pubnico, Canada

Hello All. I’ve not received payment for my last two (2) completed reservations. There appears to be a miscommunication between Airbnb & PayPal. I recently changed my sign in information on PayPal, however they say neither account has received these payments. I need help, thanks.