Payment problem

Answered!

Payment problem

Hi there, I wonder if somebody could help us. 

We had a couple staying in our place for a couple of nights, everything went fine on both sides, but we're still waiting for the payment to go through (it's in upcoming payouts yet). We havent' had any problem with any payout so far till now. Payment  should had reached our bank account on 12th October (normally they are transferred before the estimated arrival), but this payment is still as "upcoming".

By any chance anyone knows who should we contact to sort this out, please?

All the best,

Justine&Alex

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Justine-And-Alex0

Justine, or Alex, it would be highly unusual for a payout for a short term rental to arrive, or be released to a host, before the guest arrives. The standard procedure is the payout is released to the host 24 hours after the guest arrives.

This is what in every instance happens, and has been that way since before I became involved with Airbnb in 2014. The reason it is done this way is to keep the host honest....to make sure the host honours the reservation.

Circumstances sometime result in delayed payments. The Airbnb system is automated and it is not up to 'people' to release hosts payments, the automated system releases the payout to the nominated payout preference 24 hours after check-in. 

You say 'Payment should have reached our bank account on 12th October" ....had the guests left at that point, or were they still there?

The other thing is, as you know, the banking industry plays games with our money!  Money is released to a specific branch and account number (BSB & A/C number) and if funds are not available the transfer does not take place. But banks chooses to do what the like for anything up to 5 days before it actually credits those funds to the rightful account. And for an even stranger reason, no electronic transfers take place over a weekend, such as we have just experienced. 

Although you say the funds should have been in your account by the 12th, the weekend will possibly see them released today! 

I don't know the timeframe here so I can only speculate but if this guest left a week or mopre ago and your transaction history is still showing the payout under future transactions you should contact Airbnb on +44 203 318 1111  and have them sort it out for you.

Just a tip, as you are superhosts, call Airbnb from the phone that is registered on your Airbnb account. When you call, the system will compare the incoming phone number with the number on file and will answer with an electronic "Welcome Superhost", and you will be automatically put through to the first available CX in the world. I never have to wait more than 30 seconds before talking with someone. If you ring from another phone not recognised by the system you will automatically go into the phone queue.....however long that may be!

I hope you can get this payout of yours sorted out!

Cheers......Rob

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Justine-And-Alex0

Justine, or Alex, it would be highly unusual for a payout for a short term rental to arrive, or be released to a host, before the guest arrives. The standard procedure is the payout is released to the host 24 hours after the guest arrives.

This is what in every instance happens, and has been that way since before I became involved with Airbnb in 2014. The reason it is done this way is to keep the host honest....to make sure the host honours the reservation.

Circumstances sometime result in delayed payments. The Airbnb system is automated and it is not up to 'people' to release hosts payments, the automated system releases the payout to the nominated payout preference 24 hours after check-in. 

You say 'Payment should have reached our bank account on 12th October" ....had the guests left at that point, or were they still there?

The other thing is, as you know, the banking industry plays games with our money!  Money is released to a specific branch and account number (BSB & A/C number) and if funds are not available the transfer does not take place. But banks chooses to do what the like for anything up to 5 days before it actually credits those funds to the rightful account. And for an even stranger reason, no electronic transfers take place over a weekend, such as we have just experienced. 

Although you say the funds should have been in your account by the 12th, the weekend will possibly see them released today! 

I don't know the timeframe here so I can only speculate but if this guest left a week or mopre ago and your transaction history is still showing the payout under future transactions you should contact Airbnb on +44 203 318 1111  and have them sort it out for you.

Just a tip, as you are superhosts, call Airbnb from the phone that is registered on your Airbnb account. When you call, the system will compare the incoming phone number with the number on file and will answer with an electronic "Welcome Superhost", and you will be automatically put through to the first available CX in the world. I never have to wait more than 30 seconds before talking with someone. If you ring from another phone not recognised by the system you will automatically go into the phone queue.....however long that may be!

I hope you can get this payout of yours sorted out!

Cheers......Rob

Mahrokh0
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

I have serious problem 

1, My reservation is 334&

But I received 258$
3,I didn’t ask to withdraw from My airbnb account but It did transfer to Payoneer 

I have no access to my last payoneer

I tried to call and also sent message but didn’t answer me at all

@Mahrokh0  You actually have a more serious problem than that. You only have 2 reviews and both mention that tbe place is dirty. Also that there are mussing amenities, like Wifi. If you don't get on top of those things and sharpen up your hosting, you won't have to worry about payments, because Airbnb will remove your listing.

As far as an incorrect payout, there may be discounts being applied to your listing that you haven't checked on in your settings. For instance, there is a 20% discount set by default on new listings, which you have to turn off if you don't want to have it applied. That, plus the 3% service fee Airbnb charges hosts, would account for the discrepancy you are seeing.