Payout delay for new hosts?

Kimberly419
Level 4
Ontario, Canada

Payout delay for new hosts?

Hi helpful people, 

We're brand new hosts and, despite a few hiccups, have been pretty good at figuring things out -- in large part thanks to this community!  But I do have a question about our payout. I know you can't address my specific case, but maybe you have some general comments. I've noticed several of the older posts in the help forum link out to the "When will I get my payout" page and refer to a 30-day delay for new hosts, but that is not stated page now, so I was expecting to get paid right away. 

Our first guest arrived last Friday (Aug 2) and checked out Monday (Aug 5). We also had a guest for the 5th & 6th. It's now Thursday evening and my transactions show no sign of anything happening -- no pending or completed payouts. 

We are in Canada. My account is set up to receive payouts via Paypal. It has been confirmed and it shows as my default payout method. My minimum payout is set a $1. I've checked my email and spam folder for notifications from Airbnb. Did I miss anything? 

Thanks! ~Kim 

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kimberly419 

Recently the "30 days" delay regarding first payout to new hosts is removed from the help page, so not sure if this is still practice. Did you look at your Transaction History, section : future transactions ?

If something is wrong, you can contact Airbnb:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Thank you Emiel. I am showing no future transactions. 

As well, when I go to my Progress --> Earnings page it shows $0.00 Booked earnings for August 2019 (both paid out and expected) and says "You have no listings currently listed" for August.

Meanwhile, we do have 3 guests booked for August and 1 more in September.  

Feels like something is broken. I will follow up with Airbnb. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

I noticed the other day it no longer say's new hosts wait up to 30 days for 1st payout.

Its a bit odd @Kimberly419 that its not in your upcoming payouts, a call to customer service might be a good idea. Let us know how you get on especially the 30 day wait thing.

Phone numbers are in the link

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245#M5...

Kimberly419
Level 4
Ontario, Canada

Just an update to close out this question. 

Apparently, there is no 30-day delay for payouts to new hosts.

According to Airbnb, the reason we did not receive the payout was that we had set up our account so that the payouts were directed to my co-host (my husband) and he doesn't have any payout method set up. I have asked if there is a way to switch that to me. If not, we'll set it up for him to receive the money. 

I don't recall having to choose who to make the payout to. Maybe it defaulted to him because we initially set up our listing via his account, then added me as co-host, then flipped it so I am the primary? 

Of course, the obvious question now is, why didn't Airbnb notify him that they were unable to do the payout? He has checked his email and spam folders. Nothing. I guess that's a question for another day ... 

Thanks everyone for your help. This community is invaluable! 

Cheers, 

-Kim 

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

Less than 5 days passed and you expect that Airbnb will pay you and even notify you. Of course they will wait, because you are a new host. If it's not exactly 30 days, then a sort of time, but definitely not just 5 days. When they will make attempt to pay, that's the only time they will find out, that you/your husband did not fill out the payment details.

1) fill out payment details for both accounts

2) be patient

Hi Kat, 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I'll clarify for other new hosts who may have similar questions --- there is no delay for new hosts. They attempted to send us the payout in 24 hours, as stated in their FAQs. 

Now that I understand where it went wrong, I'm just working through it.  🙂 

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

Go to your "transaction history" and you will see your actual status. As you can see from my screenshot, I am still waiting for payment for August 6. There were no weekends and national holidays. 1565372738455.jpg