Payout short because of double refund

Kim564
Level 1
Hannibal, MO

Payout short because of double refund

I have called Airbnb over 30 times trying to receive my correct payout. A canceled reservation was refunded twice for the one cancellation. I've contacted the company over 30 times and escalated it to a supervisor, but only told it would be forwarded to a case manager. It's been weeks, but I still have not been called by a case manager. Instead, I have gotten random messages making promises to give me my payout, but nothing happens and there is still no payout. I am so tired of repeating the same information to various representatives, starting from the beginning and ending no where. The math is in black and white. However, by the time it reaches the case manager the numbers are gray. I'm so frustrated. Is it worth continuing to be a host? I enjoy my guest and it's nothing that I am really doing out of the way, but I  expect and deserve to be paid on time. What should I do?

2 Replies 2

Kim,

I remember a double refund happening before with another host.

I think in that instance the guest asked for a refund directly to the host, and also to Airbnb. The host, trying to be nice, sent a refund. Airbnb also sent a refund.

Is this similar to what happened to your reservation?

It sounds like you have been trying to get help through the normal channels without much luck.

Some hosts say that if regular Airbnb support has been contacted, but is not being helpful, you turn to twitter and facebook.

They say posting your complaint loudly there on their public twitter feed and public facebook page will sometimes shake loose some help.

There is also a twitter help line.

AirBnB Twitter: @Airbnb2
AirBnB Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airbnb/

AirBnB Twitter help: @airbnbhelp

Thank you for responding. I'm going to try using your advice. Thanks again.