Payout when guest extends reservation

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

Payout when guest extends reservation

My guest booked for 3 nights (May 14, 15 and 16th). The payout for those 3 noghts was made normally, on the 15th. On the 16th the guest informed me they want to stay through the 26th. I went and changed the reservation to reflect this and the new total price, and the guest approved it.

Now, under Future Transactions in my stats, there is a future payout listed, which is the difference between the total price and the amount they already paid. The date shown for that payout is still the 15th, which is now past. On what day will this payout be made?

5 Replies 5
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Bob39

Had the same issue some months ago. I waited a few days and the payout did not arrive.  In the end I had to contact airbnb to have it sorted.  

OK thank you. I have sent an email to Airbnb and am awaiting a reply. I don't have a Twitter accont and don't have the time to sit waiting on the phone.

in my opinion, the payout should have been made as soon as the guest approved it. The guest has already checked in and it is past the payout date.

@Bob39

Indeed it should have, but sometimes there are software glitches. I am sure airbnb would wish the same to avoid having to give support that could have been avoided if everything worked properly.  

They sent me e-mail saying they have sent my request to another department. But that's all I have heard.

It seems odd that I should have to go through this just to get what should have been done automatically by their system.

And I agree with your point. It must cost them more to have a paid staff member fix each case than it would have cost them to hire a good programmer to program it right in the first place.

Ruth425
Level 3
Mogadore, OH

So I just had a guest extend their stay for 2 days. Air BnB seems to have charged her too much - my nightly rate is $145, but the guest booked for more than 7 days, so they got a discount, with the new amount being $123.25. Two payment amounts are listed for this stay - the $897 for the original 7 nights, and an additional $396 for 2 nights, but clearly that is too much. The guest then texted me to let me know that Air BnB had issued her a refund for $450, and then I got an e-mail from them saying they couldn't collect payment from her and would not be responsible for my host fee. She has already stayed 7 days, and I have already received the original $897, but now they tell me the second payment is frozen. I can't get a straight answer out of anyone as to whether they are freezing the whole payment (in which case I will lose all this money) or only the extension. I have called twice and nobody has called me back.