Pending verification (for payout) has been 'pending' for 2 weeks

Nick115
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Pending verification (for payout) has been 'pending' for 2 weeks

Had guests stay over Christmas. A few days prior to their check-in, I setup bank transfer details. That was on December 23. It is now January 6. That is well past the 5 business days they say. See below the continual status. AirBnB.png

Any suggestions to nudge AirBnB to acknowledge my request to finalise the verification process? Have setup a min. payment, authorised my account (via phone sms) and have emailed AirBnB to nudge them. Still cannot change this verification status! 

If you have been through a similar journey, your insight would be great! 

20 Replies 20
Sk2
Level 1
New Delhi, India

same story here even visited my bank

they say even no payment showing in process

very frustating

WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE A CUSTOMER CARE HELPLINE TO ASSIST everyone else is prompt to answer their customer client queries

Hi @Sk2 @Nick115 Sorry you're having these issues - Airbnb does have designated help lines, those as well as all the other ways to contact them are HERE. I've heard Twitter gets the fastest response lately. Best of luck getting it sorted - Karen

Nick115
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi SK, I now have the monies delivered. It required AirBnB to call me (surprisingly) and in short, require me to re-do the bank authentication process. Note that AirBnB 'say' it is the bank causing the delay. Hmm... I guess this makes sense, however it is a bit crap there is no automated email to guide the host through the reapplication process should it be more than 7 working days. 

Same situation.

Agreed.

I have the same problem.  Clients arrived on the 2nd of January left on the 13th...  and I am still waiting for my money.... Must say it takes a lot of time.. shouldn t be like that.  When we do transfer to banks abroad.. it is not as long as this !!!! VERY DISSAPOINTED.

It is my first time let..... Don't know if I would do it again... having to chase them every day !!!!!

Hi Nathalie, I now have the monies delivered. It required AirBnB to call me (surprisingly) and in short, require me to re-do the bank authentication process. Note that AirBnB 'say' it is the bank causing the delay. Hmm... I guess this makes sense, however it is a bit crap there is no automated email to guide the host through the reapplication process should it be more than 7 working days. 

Just re-apply (painful as it is) for the bank authentication and it should be a 48 hour turn-a-round process. That is how long the second time took for me! 

I have the same problem. My first guest already left but my account verification still pending. And tomorrow i have another guest coming. Do you think the payment will be transferred to my acount after they verify it or I have to do something (to go to my bank or call Airbnb)? I don't understand why it takes so long to verify accounts: i set up two methods: checking account and paypal.

Thank you,

Ilona

Nick115
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

History taught me once verified, you'll get payment within 72 hours i.e. 3 days. That is purely my subjective experience though.

It is a real 'chicken and egg' scenario. AirBnB shun the responsibility onto your bank yet you have to wait a good 5 working (not calendar) days before you taken any action. 

For the host, it is a silly process .  AirBnB do not explain why it is so imperative to verify your account, thus why we are all downloading on a forum. When you setup Paypal and they request you verify your bank account, it takes max. a day to verify! Seems a little silly! 

Thanks for your message.  I am still waiting for the payment !!! drives me nuts

Ilona, I am still waiting for my money.  Hope you will not have to chase them as I am doing.....

Robert327
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

In my initial set up with Airbnb I requested PayPal as my Payout method and in error made a typing mistake in the e mail address which is linked to Airbnb as my PayPal address. I had a guest shortly thereafter who made payment and it was only when Airbnb notified me that the payment had been sent to my PayPal e mail address that I realised my error.

I have subsequently corrected the PayPal address and more recent Airbnb payments to Paypal have been successful 🙂

However I have not been able to recover the payment made to the wrong Paypal account. Paypal are very clear - the incorrect e mail address does not exist and therefore the Airbnb payment is unclaimed - they say Airbnb simply has to recall the unclaimed payment and repay it to my correct payout method - BUT I cannot get any response from Airbnb - I have tried all of the email addresses that I can find - no one responds - please guide me to the correct airbnb address or persons at Airbnb who could assist in correcting this very simple error. I would be much obliged!!  Thank you.

create a PayPal account with the wrong address. You'll see the money waiting there.

Send it to your real paypal. Done!

Same problem, first guests left the property sunday and second guests tomorrow!!! And bank account still pending!!! And third guests coming sunday so we can't wait more!!!! 

Fran63
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I just started litterally 10 days ago, my first guest checked in yesterday, I see a deposit in my bank account of  $.01 . WTF?

Is this how they verify your account? How long til I get the rest of the money?