Pet cleaning fee

Answered!
Gary553
Level 2
Livermore, ME

Pet cleaning fee

Having trouble here in Maine,  I want to add a pet cleaning fee for 2020; can anyone help me ? 

Thanks,   Gary

1 Best Answer
Gary553
Level 2
Livermore, ME

Oh Linda you have the perfect solution, I will follow your suggestion. 

Many thanks for problem solver next year I will act on your plan.    Gary

View Best Answer in original post

31 Replies 31
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Gary553   You list it in your description and rules.  There is no Air BNB place for the pet fee.  Once you have a confirm reservation that includes a pet, send a request for money to cover the pet fee.

Although this is an option I still think it would be best if a pet cleaning fee were added to the regular fees so the host is not burdened with collection.

I own two dogs and even though everyone tells me they cage their pets, on move out there is pet hair literally all over the place which takes a couple of extra hours cleaning. If it's a big pet that slobbers then it takes even longer and has to include carpet and furniture steam cleans.

Most people just do not appreciate that these are not hotel rooms but private homes!

Pius Dawson
Victoria576
Level 3
Western Australia, Australia

I have just had dogs staying in my AirBnB and I love it when people bring their animals, however I am currently doing my third vacuum and second wash of all the linen due to the dog hair. @Linda108 what do you charge for a pet fee? It is so much more cleaning. I know you can charge for extra guests, but I've never seen a pet option.

Hi, this is a good idea or work around anyway.  How do you send another reuqst for the money to cover the pet fee?  And.... how to you recieve it?

Thanks,

D

Thanks! This whole time I have not been charging anyone any type of fee for pets , so this is very helpful. 

Linda 

I hope you are still around. lol.  Im new to this and I was curious about the requesting money.  Since it goes through the resolution center, I do not want Airbnb to leave a negative mark on the recipient of that request.   Does the recipient get any negative mark when you request money?

Gary553
Level 2
Livermore, ME

Oh Linda you have the perfect solution, I will follow your suggestion. 

Many thanks for problem solver next year I will act on your plan.    Gary

Brenda-and-Gary0
Level 3
Coquitlam, Canada

This is great work around, but a better booking experience for guests would be to have the pet cleaning fee included with the other extra fees (cleaning, extra guests) so they can see everything upon booking.  

@Airbnb is a pet cleaning fee on the roadmap?

I agree  - can we ask Airbnb - please add a pet cleaning fee to the other extra fees so it can be seen at booking.

I have someone disputing the pet fee prior to his reservation, which makes me uncomfortable now to have him stay on my property. The host cancellation policy is pretty severe from what I'm reading, so I feel forced to let him stay, while he's hostile about the fee. Anyone have thoughts on this? I really wish it was more clear to guests that there is a pet fee, and that the pet fee could be added to the reservation at booking. Other sites do this; why not @Airbnb ?

DJean5
Level 2
Imperial Beach, CA

Airbnb allows you to post pet fees if you have 4 or more units rented.  Why?  Why can't the rest of us do this also?  Can you please change this?  I love pets, I have them, but I know the damage they can do and that my cleaners have to care for.  Please allow us to include a one time non-refundable pet fee.  Thank you

Douglas52
Level 2
Colorado, United States

I have more than four units and have not seen an option to add a pet fee.  Is this for real and how is it done?

Karla358
Level 1
Mathews, VA

Completely agree that Airbnb should have a separate line item for pet fee.  I don't see an Airbnb response to Brenda and Gary's September inquiry about the pet fee on the roadmap.   As I understand it, the fee Airbnb charges guests is based on total so why wouldn't they want to increase the total revenue collected from guests.  I have placed request with Airbnb more than once to add pet fee.  I feel it makes for a poor customer experience when guests book noting they are bringing a pet, think they're done and then they get a follow up invoice.  When I travel with my dogs, I expect to pay a fee and I too charge a pet fee on my rentals (it covers the add'l cleaning, insurance, wear & tear and we also provide a pet toy basket, mats, bowls, etc).  Competitor VRBO/Homeaway has this as a line item fee.  I may be underestimating the effort but isn't it a few lines of programming code?

Christine2461
Level 2
Arizona, United States

I am in total agreement about there being the ability to add a fee for people's pets.  This is a no-brainer!  I am writing throughout my description that there will be an additional fee if the renter brings their pet.  I'd be happy to share this with Airbnb, but there's no way to include it in the overall price.  Bummer!!