Pet deposit

Answered!

Pet deposit

Hi!  What is typically charged for pet deposits for a service dog? I assume it is returned if there is no damage?

1 Best Answer

They offered to pay a deposit because we have a no pet policy.   I am not unethical and don’t appreciate your comment.  I understand what a support animal does and their benefits.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Donna1247 Airbnb doesn't collect deposits for people or animals. I suspect that trying to charge a deposit for a service dog is illegal in many countries and certainly unethical. Proper service dogs are brilliantly trained and will cause no damage. Now emotional support animals are another thing altogether....

They offered to pay a deposit because we have a no pet policy.   I am not unethical and don’t appreciate your comment.  I understand what a support animal does and their benefits.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Donna1247 Offered or not you may well break the law (and potentially the Airbnb rules you have signed up for) by taking a service dog deposit. A listing's no pet policy does not apply to service dogs as they are not pets.